rtc again...

Benjamin Herrenschmidt bh40 at calva.net
Mon Aug 7 23:18:42 EST 2000

>Can anybody with a Macintosh SMP G4 confirm that the time bases are
>synchronized at boot ?

AFAIK, on those machines, I think Apple uses their "timer" device in the
new version of the mac-io ASIC to sync. timebases.

Reading Apple's CPU startup code in Darwin is _very_ interesting in fact.
That's for example how I learned that the only way to correctly and
completely flush the cache is to either reserve CPU-specific regions of
memory, use the ROM, or have external HW assist. Without that, any
snooping on the bus will garbage the flush process.

Ben.