sound testers...

Iain Sandoe iain at sandoe.co.uk
Sun Aug 6 23:59:26 EST 2000

Hi to all those that have been dmasound driver-testing.

There have been a couple of cases where apparent problems with the dmasound
driver have turned out to be application-related.

Here is a very simple test prog. (must have been done a million times
before) and some test data in different sound formats (ditto).

http://www.drfruitcake.com/linux/stest.html

All these work fine on my system - and I can see no behaviour problems with
the driver using them.

If anyone can uncover one that doesn't work with a particular machine
configuration this will help us refine the init code to get over such
things.  If you find a non-working case - I would like to know the machine,
and as much of the content of mac-io:davbus & sound from the device tree as
poss.

thanks
Iain.