rtc again...

Benjamin Herrenschmidt bh40 at calva.net
Sat Aug 5 21:25:31 EST 2000

>As Geert has pointed out, hwclock can give UTC or local time to /dev/rtc,
>why don't we just let userland deal with this local time issue.  What I
>mean is for pmac_set_rtc_time(), let's change:

That would give us back what we had at the beginning. This way, userland
is solely responsible for this setup, which means it will be wrong on 50%
of user machines (but that's user fault isn't it ?) and which means the
kernel will boot with a wrong time, at least until the userland init
script takes over.

I don't see why it's such a mess to simply read the default values from
xpram so we are consistent with MacOS. But everything in Linux is a mess
anyway...

Ben.