iounmap

Paul Mackerras paulus at linuxcare.com.au
Fri Aug 4 12:13:53 EST 2000

Ronald Wahl writes:

> I'm currently writing a device driver for an pci controller and have to
> map very large amounts of pci memory and i/o ranges via ioremap. The
> problem is that there is no iounmap and ioremap returns NULL after some
> insmod/rmmod cycles. When gets this implemented?

This should do the trick:

void iounmap(void *addr)
{
	if (addr > high_memory && (unsigned long) addr < ioremap_bot)
		vfree((void *) (PAGE_MASK & (unsigned long) addr));
}

Could you replace the null iounmap in arch/ppc/mm/init.c with that,
test it, and let me know if it works?

Paul.

--
Paul Mackerras, Senior Open Source Researcher, Linuxcare, Inc.
+61 2 6262 8990 tel, +61 2 6262 8991 fax