2.4.0-t5 lockup on shutdown.

Iain Sandoe iain at sandoe.co.uk
Thu Aug 3 14:56:54 EST 2000

On Thu, Aug 3, 2000,  William Blew wrote:
> Iain Sandoe wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone know the cause of the (sometimes) complete lock-up of 2.4.0-t5
[snip]

> layer, the VIA (CUDA) interrupt dies *grin*.

as in 'just disappears' ? i.e. as if some driver has requested it be
deleted?... this would certainly explain more than one phenomenon... (I
could see that also causing sound flakiness too - since we need the cuda for
that)...

Note that I haven't used IDE (AHAIK) in the cases mentioned - all my disk,
other than CDROM, is on SCSI... but I could try a controlled test (later).

what else causes the interrupt to 'disappear'?
Iain.