future of drivers/macintosh (was Re: CONFIG_PPC != Mac)

Joseph Garcia jpgarcia at execpc.com
Thu Aug 3 07:42:04 EST 2000

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> I don't think there's real need anymore for an adb directory. The only
> file in it would be adb.c. The mouse and kbd drivers are moving to input,
> the controller drivers (Cuda,PMU) do not only ADB but all sort of other
> machine admin tasks (like power control, I2C, ...) and so are needed even
> whithout ADB support as part of "PowerMac" support. Cuda can be shared
> with m68k, maybe PMU too, so drivers/macintosh is not a so bad place for it.

would it be a prudent move to relocate most of drivers/macintosh to
drivers/char, with the exception of mediabay.c to drivers/block/mac-mediabay.c?

Something that fits the current layout scheme in a bi-partisan way.

Joseph P. Garcia      jpgarcia at execpc.com      jpgarcia at lidar.ssec.wisc.edu
CS Undergraduate                      Student Employee - Systems Programmer
University of Wisconsin - Madison                            UW Lidar Group