New input layer and ADB (Was Re: CONFIG_PPC != Mac)

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Wed Aug 2 22:47:53 EST 2000

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Martin Costabel wrote:
> Sometimes after a console switch, I end up in capslock mode. Switching
> capslock on then gives lowercase letters (except the letter "L"). After
> a further console switch, things return to normal.

That's normal. With PC keyboards, the LED state of the Caps Lock key is
controlled by Linux, while Mac (and Amiga) keyboards remember the Caps Lock
state in the keyboard. Hence if you do a VC switch to a VC where Caps Lock is
in a different state, Linux and the keyboard will disagree.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds