LinuxPPC X Server

Michel Dänzer daenzer at relog.ch
Wed Aug 2 19:20:04 EST 2000

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> > Also note that the DRI drivers don't get build by default in PPC
> > you have to #define BuildXF86DRI YES in xf config files *AND*
> > patch xc/lib/GL/mesa/src/drv/Imakefile to enable the dri drivers
> > to build under ppc.
> >
> > Unfortunately i don't have an r128 card so i can't do anything here :(
>
> What sort of patch do we need to that Imakefile?  I couldn't figure out
> what to do.

What I did is I went directly to xc/lib/GL/mesa/src/drv/r128, created the
Makefile manually (go to any other directory and do make Makefile to get the
idea) and then did make depend includes all . That got me
modules/dri/r128_dri.so .

> I turned on BuildXF86DRI in linux.cf in an attempt to build libOSmesa, and
> failed.

Is libOSmesa needed for DRI?

Michel

--
Death is just Nature's way of saying, "Hey! You're not alive anymore!"
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS