LinuxPPC X Server

Michel Dänzer daenzerm at student.ethz.ch
Wed Aug 2 07:31:47 EST 2000

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> >> It's far from finished yet. It will be in 2.4 bk tree once done
> >
> >Cool, so it will be in our APUS 2.4 tree :)
>
> Well, I don't see what good Uni-North AGP bridge support can be to APUS
> machines, but if you think it's cool ...

I don't have a bitkeeper tree, but the APUS tree is based on it, so I can
build the agpgart stuff from there.

> >> Also, I need to figure out why XF4 (Franz 4.0.1 RPMs) die with 2.4 on
> >> both my Pismo and my G4.
> >
> >Strange, it works fine here running 2.4.0-test4 from linux-pmac-devel...
>
> I'll compare with this kernel. Also, which version of glibc do you have ?

book(~): dpkg -l|grep libc6
ii  libc6          2.1.3-10       GNU C Library: Shared libraries and Timezone
ii  libc6-dev      2.1.3-10       GNU C Library: Development Libraries and Hea

> Did you compile XF4 yourself ? If yes, which gcc did you use ? (just in
> case...)

book(~): gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-linux/2.95.2/specs
gcc version 2.95.2 20000220 (Debian GNU/Linux)

Compiled both X 4.0.1 (more or less stock AFAIR) and the kernel with that.

Michel

--
                               Reboot America.
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS