Lombard hard freeze

Mario Scarpa m.scarpa at mondonet.net
Thu Apr 27 19:20:25 EST 2000

Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> Yes, unfortunatly it froze again even running the kernel withou usb.
> All in all the bug seems to be harder to recreate today then
> yesterday. (Maybe it is date related.)

Ah. This changes the things...
The only thing that comes to my mind is now the serial driver...
It's possible that the way it interacts with the USB code triggers
the problem better than something else: I should take a look to the code
but the fact that the serial driver sometimes gives problems
is a fact (btw, never experienced crashes during the boot when
the system initializes the serial ports ?)

Mario.