Lombard hard freeze

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Apr 26 22:22:56 EST 2000

On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 02:51:11PM +0200, Mario Scarpa wrote:
> > > Same here. I would say that it all started when I bought
> > > my USB mouse and started using the USB bus: before I was
> > > using the trackpad and do not remember about similar locks.
> > > Just a hint.
> >
> > So do you think, just not pluggin in the usb mouse might help?
> > This should be easy to test. Or do I need a kernel without usb support?
>
> When I was not using my USB mouse I neither had the support
> into the kernel; if it's not a great deal to you we can try
> not to use (and not to enable) USB for a while and see what
> happens. Due to the type of crash (total hang) it's quite
> difficult to me to find out what's wrong so having a hint about
> the possible cause could tighten the search a lot.

Compiled kernel 2.2.15pre19 without usb support.
According to my first tests the system is more stable now.
I have not encountered a hard freeze yet, though running compiles which
usually trigger one for certain.

Test are continuing, though.

The first diagostic of the problem is, that it is a usb problem.
Even when no usb device is used. So who is the person we have to
:-)
	Bernhard
The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)