Bye HFS partition?

Ethan Benson erbenson at alaska.net
Tue Apr 25 19:08:26 EST 2000

On Mon, Apr 24, 2000 at 11:53:38PM -0400, Daniel Gonzalez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just destroyed my hfs partition (I was trying to make
> a directory there and ... oooops!)

do you mean you ran into the general unreliablity of the kernel's HFS
support?

> What resources do I have to analyze and recover my data ?

sadly there are no utilities for linux that will do any kind of
recovery on HFS filesystems, the MacOS side has Disk First Aid which
is fairly limited and gives up easily, but its free (beer) and worth a
try, beware though that it could make things worse, Norton Utilities
4 worked very well at recovering data from HFS filesystems but is
expensive and no longer available, only buggy version 5 exists now.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/