Serial driver problem (modem Lombard)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Sat Apr 22 20:37:47 EST 2000

There is a difference in modem device behaviour
between 2.2.15pre3(coming with LinuxPPC2000) and 2.2.15pre19(after
Paul M's stable tree, build myself using his .config).

wvdail cannot open /dev/ttyS0 twice with 2.2.51pre19.
After I ctrl-ced wvdial to interrupt the network connection
I get an I/O error when I try to open it again.

Running wvdialconf it started scanning ttyS1 and
then jumped into the system monitor:

vector:200 at pc=d0849344 msr=1030, sp=c7bf3ce0 [c7bf3ce0]
current=c7bf2000, pid 745 comm=insmod

Maybe that is an irport error and unrelated to the first problem.
I have not enquired further, though.

Regards,
	Bernhard
ps: Please carbon copy relevant replies to me.
The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)