Putting linuxPPC on my new pismo

Nelson Abramson pogtal at erols.com
Wed Apr 19 11:06:58 EST 2000

"Francis G. McCabe" wrote:

> I realize that there has been a lot of discussion about this. However, I
> havent seen my problem mentioned.
>
> When I try to install linuxPPC 2000 on my brand new PB2000, I get the
> error:
>
> hda: lost interrupt

If you searched the archives for your error message, you would find the
answer you seek (it is not a powerbook only problem).

Make sure you are using yaboot to boot the powerbook, not bootX.  Using
bootX on the newworld machines causes that problem to occur.

HTH
--Nelson Abramson

--
"Apparently if you play the Windows NT CD backwards you hear satanic messages"
"You think that's bad, if you play it forwards it installs Windows NT!"