/proc/ppc_htab

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Tue Apr 18 05:30:39 EST 2000

A few days ago I saw `mmu_context_overflow' in my kernel messages.
The machine locked up on `cat /proc/ppc_htab'. Fortunately it autorebooted
after 180 seconds and came back to life again.

Since I don't have direct access to my PPC box now (I'm recovering from knee
surgery) and rely on it for receiving email, I'm not very eager to do some
more experiments with /proc/ppc_htab.

Note that I have no idea what mmu_context_overflow means nor what ppc_htab
really does. Are these two related?

For what it's worth, I'm running the bk tree at the 2.3.99-pre3 level.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

Geert Uytterhoeven -- Linux/{m68k~Amiga,PPC~CHRP} -- geert at linux-m68k.org

							    -- Linus Torvalds