Problems with Ethernet on PowerBook Wallstreet G3

David A. Gatwood dgatwood at deepspace.mklinux.org
Thu Apr 13 04:55:34 EST 2000

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Joseph Garcia wrote:

> Initially, I was thinking that this is a bug brought on by the BMAC+, a

Nope.  The original bmac had this bug, too, as did this driver before bmac
was supported.  (Or at least the MkLinux version of this driver, which you
can compare line-for-line for grins.)

> change.  so its not that.  Anything else that could be causing it?  I
> don't remember this problem with earlier 2.2 kernels.  Anyone confirm
> this?  2.1.x maybe?

Unless there was a previous bmac driver that used different code, it is
unlikely that this ever worked right.  Especially, given that even Apple's
Darwin code says it's a hardware bug.  Two words: sun ethernet....  ;-)

David

A logician trying to explain logic to a programmer is like a cat
trying to explain to a fish what it's like to be wet.

	-- unknown, possibly Franklin Veaux