linux 2.3.99-pre3 PowerPC 740 & PowerPC 823 and vmalloc, Linu x PPC823 Work ?

Patrick Lerda Lerda at microprocess.com
Tue Apr 11 18:00:05 EST 2000

Linux 2.3.99-pre3 boots on my PowerPC 740, the network works well, adaptec
SCSI driver works, USB is detected
but the IDE driver crash my system. Probably a big endian bug in this
driver...

I try to run Linux 2.3.99-pre3 on a PowerPC 823 board, linux try to boot and
crash silently, the network works
for a short time (few seconds before the crash). Some 823 code need to be
modified to compile linux, but
I don't know if my patches are correct... And I try to start this board on
an NFS partition compiled for PowerPC 603,
I think this code is compatible with math emulation enabled, but I am not
sure.

On PowerPC 823 a vmalloc of 1MB lock the sytem....

Patrick LERDA