Makefile options

David A. Gatwood dgatwood at mvista.com
Tue Sep 28 02:27:36 EST 1999

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Xavier Morelle wrote:

> I have installed the linuxppc 1999 Q3 version on my PowerBook Lombard.
> And I have right now a Makefile problem when I want to compile my old
> C++ programms. I'm not used to write makefile and I don't know all the
> options that i should use to run my program.
>
> could maybe someone help me? It will be great!  Be aware that I'm not in
> the Linuxppc-dev list.

Sure.  What are you trying to build?

> --
> 	Parce qu'il vaut mieux avoir des remords plutot que des regrets,
> 			 il faut oser, tout oser.

because it went better to have remorse more than regrets, it what?

Ah...  Babelfish:
	Because it is to have remorses better rather than regrets, it is
	necessary to dare, all to dare.

Makes only slightly more sense to me than the French did....  ;-)

> 				CARPE DIEM

Carpe Canum... Seize the dog... Seize the dog... (grabs dog) Seize the
dog... no, that _CAN'T_ be right....
    --Jay Sherman, The Critic.

David