Ramdisk problem with 2.3.18 on mpc8xx boards.

Dan Malek dan at netx4.com
Thu Sep 23 04:47:41 EST 1999

Christophe Reinbold wrote:

> We correctly open ramdisk files but reading them just returns
> zeroed out buffers.

The ramdisk is generically broken like all of the file systems
not updated since the "new" 2.3.x VM strategy has been implemented.

Since it really affects us with the embedded processors, I have
taken some time to look at it, but don't yet have it fixed.

It would be nice if someone familiar with this software would just
drop by and fix it :-).  I have other things I need to be working
on.

	-- Dan