libstdc++-2.10.0-0 issues

Brian C Burke bcburke at socrates.berkeley.edu
Sun Sep 19 05:39:17 EST 1999

In attempting to install libstdc++-2.10.0-0c.ppc.rpm from the
KDE-1.1.2 rpms packaged by Franz Sirl I encounter this error:

	error: failed dependencies:
        	libstdc++ = 2.9.0 is needed by egcs-c++-1.1.2-12c

I have a R5 system set up with all the development software.  I can
compile working kernels, etc. and I do not want to break it.  Is it safe
to force an install of libstdc++-2.10.0-0, or do I need to update my
development packages.  If so what versions of egcs, gcc, etc are
compatible with libstdc++-2.10.0-0c.

Thank you,
Brian