hfs resource forks in Linux

Dan Bethe dan_bethe at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 14 05:05:25 EST 1999

	Hi guys.  In another thread, I saw someone ask for technique to
sensibly manage HFS resource forks in Linux.  Here are the following
two tools I've known.  'hfstools' is pretty flexible, and will do
encoding conversions (macbinary, binhex, etc) on the fly.  Tons of
options available in that one.  I dont know about hfsutils-devel other
than that it's a C library, and the rpm I found was only for i386 but
it's obviously got the docs.
	I'm not sure if this is suitable for any advanced or particular use
other than general file management, but it's all I know.  I found these
on www.linuxnow.com's search engine.

ftp://ftp.varesearch.com/pub/mirrors/redhat/roughcuts/ppc/SRPMS/hfsutils-3.2-1b.src.rpm

ftp://ftp.varesearch.com/pub/mirrors/redhat/redhat/powertools/5.2/i386/hfsutils-devel-3.2-1.i386.rpm
===
"We can learn from the past, but those days are gone.
We can hope for the future, but there may not be one."
-- http://www.dreamtheater.net/songb5.htm#VI1