ioremap (still?) broken

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at drgw.net
Fri Sep 10 13:07:53 EST 1999

A couple of people mentioned I should check that PCI memory accesses are
enabled in the PCI command register. I fixed this, and about an hour later
I was transmitting at around 300 Mbit/second ;)

Thanks to all who replied.

On Thu, 9 Sep 1999, Michel Lanners wrote:

> On   7 Sep, this message from Troy Benjegerdes echoed through cyberspace:
> [about an Alteon PCI Gigabit card]
> > The first thing the driver does is check the card version by reading a
> > particular register. By using appropriate printf's, I have found that the
> > value returned is '0xffffffff'. (defininitely NOT the register it's
> > looking for)
>
> First, I'd try to get the card identification right. What kind of
> register are you trying to read? Is that a PCI config register, or
> already a memory- or IO-register on the card?
>
> What about lspci? Does it report your board? Does it identify it
> correctly? In what machine are you trying this?
>
> Get back with this, and we'll see for the next step ;-)
>
> Michel

> Michel Lanners                 |  " Read Philosophy.  Study Art.
> 23, Rue Paul Henkes            |    Ask Questions.  Make Mistakes.
> L-1710 Luxembourg              |
> email   mlan at cpu.lu            |
> http://www.cpu.lu/~mlan        |                     Learn Always. "

| Troy Benjegerdes    |  troy at blacklablinux.com    |    hozer at drgw.net   |
|    Unix is user friendly... You just have to be friendly to it first.  |
| This message composed with 100% free software.    http://www.gnu.org   |