More framebuffer stuff...

David Riley happyoscar42 at usa.net
Sun Oct 31 13:25:37 EST 1999

Well, I found a good site for framebuffer initing (though I should have
thought of mmap() before).  However, now whenever I write to the
framebuffer, it seems to be using a color map instead of direct color
(unless I run my program under XF86).  I made sure that it is in 32 or
16 bit color, and fb_*_screeninfo even reports a packed pixel display
using direct color.  So why the colormap effect?  And why not under XF86?

--
--"Your mouse has been moved.  Windows 95 must be restarted for change
to take effect."