Kernel questions

Gabriel Paubert paubert at iram.es
Wed Oct 20 18:40:30 EST 1999

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, David N. Welton wrote:

> There are a few options:
>
> PowerMac
> Prep/MTX
> CHRP
> PowerMac/PReP/CHRP
> Gemini
> APUS

Actually I had the impression that the first three should disappear and
you should use the common PMAC/PreP/CHRP for these machines. I'm using
MVME boards (closer to MTX) with this option and a few patches since it
boots in PreP moe and I remap it to CHRP for VME addressing capability
reasons.

> I'm compiling as CHRP, and since ADB is selectable as an option, it
> seems it could be added in anyway, pmac or not?

I don't think that I have ADB compiled in (I'll check again). The only
problem is that I'm looking for a clock program which assumes that you are
on a PowerMac.

	Regards,
	Gabriel.