OLD gcc source needed...

Michael Meissner meissner at cygnus.com
Mon Oct 18 07:32:29 EST 1999

On Sun, Oct 17, 1999 at 01:27:32PM -0400, David Edelsohn wrote:

> 	gcc-2.6.3 did not support Linux/PPC.  It may not have supported
> SVR4/ELF PowerPC ABI used by Linux/PPC at all.

As I recall, there were patches floating around in the LinuxPPC group adding
support.  True they weren't in the FSF repository, but they were available as
part of the initial LinuxPPC that Gary put out.  Of course the changes for SVR4
to LinuxPPC are fairly minimal (change crt files and -D macros if I recall).

--
Michael Meissner, Cygnus Solutions
PMB 198, 174 Littleton Road #3, Westford, Massachusetts 01886