need Open PIC infos

Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Mon Oct 18 00:16:06 EST 1999

On Sat, 16 Oct 1999, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> However, the new Apple ASICs contains an Open PIC interrupt controller
> (advertised as beeing a "chrp,open-pic" controller). After looking at the
> various docs I have and a quick search on Altavista, I couldn't find any
> relevant documentation on the chip.
> There's already some OpenPIC support in the kernel, but I'll have to
> change it a little bit since, for example, Apple hardware is not a good
> place to search for a 8259 master ;)
> I'd like some docs in order to have better understanding of the chip.

The i8259 slaves are not mandatory in OpenPIC.

Do you have the OpenPIC docs? They are somewhere on the AMD website. If you
can't find them, please ask me, I have a copy on my docs CD-ROM, as usual :-)

Greetings,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven ----------------- Sony Suprastructure Center Europe (SUPC-E)