PMU daemon

Derek Homeier supas100 at astrophysik.uni-kiel.de
Fri Oct 15 01:46:41 EST 1999

On Sat, 9 Oct 1999 18:22:34 +1000, Paul Mackerras <paulus at linuxcare.com> wrote:

> I have extended my pmu daemon and Batmon to work on my new 1999 G3
> powerbook.  You can get it at ftp://ftp.linuxcare.com.au/pmud-0.2.tar.gz.
> It works on my old 3400 and I believe it should work on wallstreet
> powerbooks also.

Thanks a lot, this works fine on my lombard. Is there any possibility to
let other battery monitors, such as wmapm/wmbattery benefit from this?

Another, perhaps a bit off-topic question: I managed to get my hd to spin down
again for some time with the current kernel (your 2.2.13), but Batmon indicates
only a minimal decrease in power consumption when it's spun down
(the current goes down by something like 20-50 mA). Is this normal?

Cheers,
							Derek