[Announce] Absoft interested in making Fortran compiler -- needs user feedback

Jan Nieuwenhuizen janneke at gnu.org
Wed Oct 13 08:28:41 EST 1999

On Tuesday, 12 October 1999, Jason Haas writes:

> Dear users,
>
> We have been asked to assist Absoft, makers of the #1 commercial Linux/x86
> Fortran compiler, in determining if there is a market for their product on
> the Linux/PowerPC platform.

What's the licence?  It sounds awfully proprietary, and a lot of us
are not interested at all in proprietary software.

I would very much appreciate it, if non-free announcements were
prominently marked 'non-free', or 'proprietary'.

Greetings,

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke at gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter