Patch to fix glibc 2.1.2 so that new semaphore functions work in high signal env.

Kevin Hendricks khendricks at ivey.uwo.ca
Fri Oct 8 13:56:19 EST 1999

Hi,

I had to make the following patch to get glibc 2.1.2 new semaphores to work in
high signal environments.  For some reason calls to sem_post made by the
pthread manager thread were *NOT* resolving to the __new_sem_post but instead
to somewhere else (__old_sem_post or to kernel sem_post ????).

I don't know why (the correct fix might be somewhere else) but this does the
trick.

The pthread manager only does the sem_post calls when the original thread was
in a signal handler.

I am not sure this will help others, but it does wonders for the JDK!!!

Thanks,

Kevin