What's up with gcc 2.95.1 and "__va_arg_type_violation"

Kevin Hendricks khendricks at ivey.uwo.ca
Fri Oct 8 11:08:16 EST 1999

Hi,

When attempting to run the latest build of the jdk, I get the following error
message (but only on non-debug builds).

Unsatisfied Link error: __va_arg_type_violation

Figuring, I simply forgot some new piece of glibc 2.1.2, I used

nm -o `find /lib -name "*"` | grep va_arg_type

(for /lib, /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib, /opt/lib, etc)

and this damn routine simply does not exist on my machine.

Any ideas of where one might look to fulfill this thing.  This is new with
gcc-2.95.1 and/or glibc 2.1.2

By the way, native threads still do not work with the very latest glibc 2.1.2
because of the new semaphore functions.  If I force linking to the old
semaphore functions, everything starts working again.

I am building a debug glibc 2.1.2 and I will try to find the source of the
problem.

 Any ideas here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin