ADB probing

Michael Schmitz schmitz at opal.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Oct 7 22:16:21 EST 1999

> I've been working on a tablet driver, and doing things essentially on the same
> level and providing /dev/adbtablet for application-level stuff.  Are there any
> docs or samples on what I can do through /dev/adb?

Numerous apps, such as mousehack or mousemode, the trackpad tool etc. And
the ultimate doc is drivers/macintosh/adb.c ... There's probably more; I
just use a Powerbook and happened to write the original adbmouse driver for
m68k.

> The tablet driver has an ADB scan loop if you're interested.

I'd rather not poll the ADB bus if it can be avoided. How does MacOS detect
a new mouse device? But you could always force a bus reset and rescan via
/dev/adb.

	Michael