esound for PPC

Elliot Lee sopwith at redhat.com
Sun Oct 3 14:03:24 EST 1999

On Sat, 2 Oct 1999, Eric Dorland wrote:

> With some of the talk changing some of sound driver code, is anyone
> working on esound for the PPC. It seems some progress has been made
> with 0.2.12, which manages to play some wav files on my machine
> (G3/266 DT), but plays garbage for others. Has anyone else seen this
> problem, or have gotten esound working properly?

Could you check if there is a correlation between the bit depth of the
sound file and the playing-of-garbage-noises? This problem sounds like an
audiofile bug.

Also, if people would please try out GNOME 1.0.50 this weekend and find
any PPC-specific problems ASAP, it'd be much appreciated.
-- Elliot					http://developer.gnome.org/
The first thing a programmer needs to admit is that any program is by far
more complex than his own mind. Thats why he partitions it into neat
pieces and avoids complexity.