Yet another test kernel

Derek T. Yarnell derek at umiacs.umd.edu
Sat Oct 2 01:14:18 EST 1999

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

>I posted a new test kernel on my test page
><http://calvaweb.calvacom.fr/bh40/test.html>.
>It contains various patches, some by me, others gathered on the mailing
>list. See the page for details.
>
>This time, the ethernet should finally work on the 3400. Many thanks to
>Shawn Ostermann for the time he spent testing the various versions of my
>code and finding out the real interrupt number !
>
>This should be the last test kernel I post for this week (hum... I think
>so, I have no more patches planed for now and a lot of work getting late...).

I think i have asked this before but i am wondering again because i am not
sure i got a good answer. I have a lombard powerbook and i have built my own
kernel, used the one supplied with standard distribution made for the lombard and
tried even your kernel Ben. Now the problem is that at a point the powerbook will
just shut down mysteriously, i am not sure what is going on but i really can't pin
point the actuall problem. I am wondering how many other people have seen this
problem (my roomate has a lombard also and he also sees this problem) and if
anyone has a fix that one can get around this or what?

Thanks.

--
Derek Yarnell
UMIACS System Staff
derek at umiacs.umd.edu

 Big money big money big money, No wammy no wammy, STOP!
.