Floppy problems

Jeff Hubbach hubbach at esus.cs.montana.edu
Thu Nov 25 06:41:56 EST 1999

I finally got my floppy working on a 8500 running LinuxPPC '99 Q3, but if
I try a mkfs /dev/fd0 on my 9600 with the same Linux, it gets to the part
where it's "writing superblock" and just hangs. I don't understand why it
would work on the 8500, but not on the 9600. Same install, same kernel,
maybe it's the different motherboard?

Any input would be greatly appreciated...

Jeff Hubbach                       |
Computer Science Student           |
Montana State University           |
http://www.cs.montana.edu/~hubbach |