bootloader & head.S weirdness (patch)

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Wed Nov 24 07:16:38 EST 1999

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Cort Dougan wrote:
> Do you keep the list around after the initialization?  We do something
> similar with the prep residual data but after we grab what we want we free
> the RAM.
>
> } The idea is to pass the bootinfo not as a fixed (inherently back/forewards
> } incompatible) struct, but as a concatenation of records. Each record contains
> } a tag ID, a size, and data:
> }
> } struct bi_record {
> }     unsigned short tag;                 /* tag ID */
> }     unsigned short size;                /* size of record (in bytes) */
> }     unsigned long data[0];              /* data */
> } };

No we don't. The structure isn't that large, and the kernel is padded to a multiple
of the page size anyway (the structure is after the kernel in memory).

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
P.S. How much Belgian Beer do I have to send you to convince you to put your
     comments _below_ the text you quote, like all other people do? ;-)
Geert Uytterhoeven -- Linux/{m68k~Amiga,PPC~CHRP} -- geert at linux-m68k.org

							    -- Linus Torvalds