bootloader & head.S weirdness & restructuring

Cort Dougan cort at fsmlabs.com
Wed Nov 24 04:46:26 EST 1999

That's what we do, in fact.  The problem is not stomping on the OF vectors
stored at physical 0 on chrp (on pmac they're at the high vector table not
the low one) so we load above that, do our prom calls then relocate to phys 0.

} 	Why not have the kernel define, or at least reserve space for, the
} interrupt vectors?  If one specifies the correct padding and/or alignment,
} the interrupt vector code will appear at the correct offsets when the
} kernel is loaded at 0.  The kernel can start at 0, not its entry point or
} normal code.
}
} David