Floppy problems

Jan Nieuwenhuizen janneke at gnu.org
Sun Nov 21 00:27:22 EST 1999

On Sat, 20 Nov 1999 David A. Gatwood writes:

> It is very weird. Again, other G3 users, does your floppy drive work?

No, mine doesn't work either.  I've reported and asked several times here,
but never got replies (other than: use gdb.. duh)

See, eg,

	 * To: linuxppc-dev at lists.linuxppc.org
	 * Subject: /dev/fd0 close () hangs -- how to debug?
	 * From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke at gnu.org>
	 * Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 12:14:57 +0100

    Hi,

    I've never gotten my floppy drive to work under Linuxppc, it works fine
    under MacOS.  When accessing the floppy, it sounds ok, but the close ()
    system call doesn't return.  After this, the fd0 device can't be accessed
    again because it's busy.  The process can't be killed.

    [...]

Greetings,
Jan.

--