2.3.28 patch...

Benjamin Herrenschmidt bh40 at calva.net
Fri Nov 19 21:02:45 EST 1999

On Thu, Nov 18, 1999, David N. Welton <davidw at linuxcare.com> wrote:

>> this patch is basically a sync up from Paul's tree for those trying to get
>> 2.3.28 from linus booting.
>
>My rs6k still doesn't like it.  Hangs somewhere after prom_print, like
>it always does:-/

As I just wrote you privately, you _can_ use prom_print() and
xmon_printf() when booting from Open Firmware but only if you have the
appropriate patch. You can find the code for that in the prom.c patch
inside the ibook patches on my page.

Also make sure to fix xmon so that it initialises correctly for on-screen
display (it does this by default on PowerBooks only for now). If you
don't use xmon, then manually call map_bootx_text() just after the MMU
init, or manually map the fb with a BAT inside MMU init.