PowerBook G3 internal modem

D.J. Barrow barrow_dj at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 20:50:45 EST 1999

I have problems ( more than likely different ) too
with my modem too on a desktop G3 with the 2.2 kernel,
& on an older 6100 with a version of linuxppc from
last year
when I went serial debugging the line I noticed bit
errors for particular combinations of characters.

On my G3 to get the modem to work reliably I have to
start the Mac OS first then warm boot into linuxppc.
I believe this causes some registers in the scc serial
chip to be initialialised by the MAC OS which aren't
being initialised by the linuxppc driver.

=====