Building Question

Geoff Hutchison ghutchis at wso.williams.edu
Tue Nov 16 16:14:03 EST 1999

I don't know if this is the right place for this, so if it isn't
please just point me in the right direction.

I'm the head maintainer for the ht://Dig project and I do all of my
development and compilation on my LinuxPPC R5 partition. We recently
switched to using libtool, allowing shared and static libraries.

Increasingly, I get compilation failures like this:

../htlib/.libs/libht.a(conf.l.o): In function `yyinput(void)':
/home/ghutchis/htdig-cvs/build/htlib/conf.l.cc:1312: undefined
reference to `yywrap'
/home/ghutchis/htdig-cvs/build/htlib/conf.l.cc:1312: relocation
truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 yywrap
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I've seen the "R_PPC_REL24" failure before and it seems to happen
frequently. I can't seem to find any reference on what the code means
or how I can fix it. Generally, these failures don't happen for
people running Linux/x86.

Thanks in advance,
-Geoff Hutchison
Williams Students Online