[OT] dual 8500

Erik Winkler ewinkler at erols.com
Sat Nov 13 01:00:05 EST 1999

I used a dual-180 Daystar card in my 8500 and it worked great.  Yes, the
memory interleaving did help a lot under Linux as David notes below.
You'll want to get an SMP kernel from
ftp://borg.mit.edu/pub/linux/ppc/kernels/multiprocessor/ and then compile
your own at some point.  These kernels worked for me.

Erik