__module_kernel_version <= what is this?

Mark S. Mathews mark at absoval.com
Wed Nov 10 03:48:35 EST 1999

In all but one of the source files that make up the module add the
following define at the top of the file:

#define __NO_VERSION__

The variable that's causing you trouble is used as part of the
CONFIG_MODVERSIONS stuff.

-Mark

On Tue, 9 Nov 1999 iweiny at pacbell.net wrote:

> I am getting the following error when compiling the new USB modules
> against the 2.2.12 kernel.  I have been unable to find this symbol
> in either the assembly or preprocessed outputs?  What is this?
>
> details
> 2.3.26 USB code compiled against the 2.2.12 stable Pmac tree.
> While linking usb.o usb-debug.o ohci.o ohci-debug.o together...
>
> ohci.o(.modinfo+0x0): multiple definition of `__module_kernel_version'
> usb.o(.modinfo+0x0): first defined here
> gmake: *** [usb-card-driver.o] Error 1
>
> Where is this defined and how can I make it defined in only one file?
> I would like just one object for the "card-driver" which worked with
> the cvs USB source from ppc.kernel.org.
>
> Ira Weiny
> iweiny at acm.org
>
> PS. The main goal of this is to get USB support working for my DC265
> Kodak camera.  Once that is up I am going to try and get the OpenDis
> driver to work and I should have FAST jpeg downloads from my camera.
> The 2.3.26 source from kernel.org has a dc2xx driver in it which is
> supposed to work but I was hoping to still use the 2.2.12 stable
> kernel that I have...
>
> PPS this work should extend to the DC260 and DC290 and DC280 Kodaks
> if anyone has them.  (And maybe other USB equiped cameras but I don't
> know too much about the driver itself.)

Mark S. Mathews

AbsoluteValue Software     Web:    http://www.absoval.com
P.O. Box 941149            e-mail: mark at absoval.com
Maitland, FL 32794-1149    Phone:  407.644.8582
USA                        Fax:    407.539.1294