Trying to find out the current state of Linux on a MPC 8260

diekema_jon diekema at bucks.si.com
Sat Nov 6 01:59:23 EST 1999

	* I am starting the work of bringing up Linux kernel on the EST
	Corporation, http://www.estc.com/, SBC 8260 product.

	Ultimately, we will have a custom board that contains a MPC
	8240/8260 but the hardware development won't be real for a long
	time.

	I would like to leverage off of the work of others doing the 82XX
	Linux ports.  I have a number of basic questions, that I could use
	some help with:

	1) Where are the CVS archives that capture the PPC kernel
	   development activity located?  Do they support anonymous
	   access?  If not, what do I need to do to gain access as a named
	   user?

	   I have used anonymous CVS access to cvs.on.openprojects.net
	   before, but I am not sure that this is best choice.
	   http://cvs.on.openprojects.net/ doesn't give me any hints.

	   Example:

	   setenv CVSROOT ":pserver:anonymous at cvs.on.openprojects.net:/cvs/linux"
	   cvs login
	   cvs -z 3 checkout linux
	   cvs logout

	2) Has anybody gotten Linux kernel to run on the EST Corp. SBC 8260
	   board?  Or, is anybody is the process of doing this?

	3) Has anybody gotten Linux to run on the 8240/8260?  If so,
	   are there some hints or recipes available?