Newworld OF boot

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at drgw.net
Wed Nov 3 03:04:57 EST 1999

>         I have not heard of a FreeBSD PowerPC port, but NetBSD does have a
> Mac PowerPC port.  NetBSD seems to create an OF note section.

I have booted NetBSD using standard bootp and tftp, along with holding
down the 'N' key on a blue & white G3. I've also gotten a CHRP linux
kernel image to load and start unzipping the kernel. However, I haven't
had the time in the last couple of months to actually work out all the
details with where the kernel loads and setting the processor memory
management in a state where the linux boot code can handle it.