endian patches to esound, audiofile, x11amp_beta for pbG3

Elliot Lee sopwith at redhat.com
Thu May 27 01:09:20 EST 1999

On Wed, 26 May 1999 jpgarcia at execpc.com wrote:

> attached are a set of patches for audiofile, esound (in PPC DR1.0),
> and x11amp-0.9_beta1.1-1 to fix the endian problems in sound.  I am
> running kernel 2.2.9 on a pbG3 300.  If you try to play mp3s and only
> get static, these should fix that.  they can be added into the .spec
> file to build an RPM no problem.  If anyone hasn't had this problem, i
> don't know why mine it acting odd.
>
> Some of the patches are brute force, so there are better solutions out
> there.  Mostly quick late nite fixes so i can play mp3s.  But they
> work for me, so enjoy.  Any feedback would be cool.

The audiofile in GNOME CVS is supposed to have a lot of endianness fixes
already - you may want to try it. (Not sure how binary compatible it is
with 0.1.6 though).

Anyways, my main point is that you really need to get these patches to the
original authors of the respective packages so that they can be
integrated. The audiofile author is michael at 68k.org. The esound author is
ericmit at ix.netcom.com (that e-mail address reportedly no longer works
though - perhaps try getting things through raster at redhat.com instead).

-- Elliot
"We're sorry, we didn't know it was supposed to be invisible."
	- Sign carried outside US embassy.