Mac-on-Linux

Stefan Berndtsson stefan at nocrew.org
Sat May 22 06:19:34 EST 1999

Samuel Rydh <samuel at ibrium.se> writes:

> Thanks for the testing! My directions were bad though.
> I missed the fact that the kernel source uses #ifdef
> and not #if, so the line
>
> #define NO_RELOAD_HTAB 1
>
> should be commented out in 'arch/ppc/kernel/head.S' and
> 'arch/ppc/mm/init.c'.
>
> I've looked through the Mac-on-Linux kernel source, and I
> think this should be sufficient to add support for the 603.
> (There is a 603 incompatible function used by the debugger,
> but I don't think it is used normally.)

Ok.. this seems to help a lot. It no longer panics, and I've
got a rom-image for my performa 6400, but when I tell it to
start with Meta-G, it just sits there.

This machine has a valkyrie graphics card, and since
platinum seems to be more or less the only thing supported,
I can guess that's why I don't see anything.

Is that why? :)

Anyway.. it exits when I press Ctrl-C, so the machine is
alive and all.

One step in the right direction :)

/Stefan