Stable (compilable) kernel?

RTHEANDE rtheande at dscc.dk
Thu May 20 15:36:45 EST 1999

     Hi there,

     I'm trying to build a kernel for a 860T MBX alike board.

     I can't do CVS checkout because of a firewall :(
     So I grabbed the vanilla 2.2.9 kernel but it doesen't compile. It dies
     in mbx_setup.c because of
     1) missing headerfile (asm/8xx_immap.h)
     2) undefined MBX_IMAP_ADDR

     Trying to get somewere I grabbed the embedded-2.2.5 tarball from Dan.
     It fails in m8xx_setup.c with several syntax(!) errors. Once fixed
     there is a number of undef'ed functions...

     The question: where can I find a stable kernel for my config? Isn't
     the 2.2.9 supposed to work for embedded targets (or did Linus miss
     some syncs)?

     I suspect my code base for fixes should be the CVS, right?

     Robin.

     PS. I'm compiling on a Intel PC with a cross compiler but that
     shouldn't make much of a difference.