New nintendo console with embedded PPC cpu

Jens Ch. Restemeier jenschrr at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu May 13 20:53:28 EST 1999

Hi !

Maybe you already heard, that the new nintendo console is based on an
embedded PPC processor

http://www.next-generation.com/jsmid/news/6615.html

I think this is very interesting, because it may open the way for
videogame development on MacOS and Linux/PPC. I remeber how excited
everybody was that Sony based the PSX2 (MIPS based) development tools on
Linux/i386.

Now let's see how fast we can port Linux/PPC to this system :-)

Jens