USB Development

michael cardenas michael_cardenas at deneba.com
Wed May 12 04:38:52 EST 1999

I recently bought a 3 button unimouse to use in linux with my imac, but
when I tried it out, I discovered that it uses the 1.16 spec and the usb
patch in linuxppc4.1 only handles up to 1.0.

But, I am a programmer, and I'm very interested in helping develop
linux.

My question is, where can I get the kernel source to get started and
what compiler do I use? Is there a kernel build faq? I recently
purchased the 4.1 cd, but I already had 4.1 installed.

I'd be willing to install pre r5 if I need to to work on the usb source.

Any pointers here will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Michael Cardenas
Software Engineer
Deneba Software