Does Linux PPC support the new 'Lombard/101' Powerbook G3s?

Benjamin Herrenschmidt bh40 at calva.net
Mon May 10 22:54:49 EST 1999

On Wed, May 12, 1999, Joel Klecker <jk at espy.org> wrote:

>On a unsupported hardware note: the ethernet controller is a DP83843
>PHYTER made by National Semiconductor, which will need a driver
>written for it.

The note is confusing, but  think this is just the physical layer. I
didn't have a chance to look at the device tree for those machines yet,
but it looks like the motherboard is very similar to the iMac's one.
The Apple ASIC is a paddington, so I beleive ethernet is a bmac+. Almost
everything should work out of the box, the only potential problem I can
see would be possible changes to the PMU device (named "Cuda PMU" on the
developer note, but I'm pretty sure it's still the old PMU we all know
and hate ;-)

--
           Perso. e-mail: <mailto:bh40 at calva.net>
           Work   e-mail: <mailto:benh at mipsys.com>